UK Student Visa

UK Tier 4 Student Visa General


View All Testimonials

UK Tier 4 Student Visa General

About visa:

Each year, thousands of international students successfully gain a visa to study in the United Kingdom. The UK government welcomes international students, and there is no limit on the number of student visas that can be issued.The UK recognises the important contribution international students make, and welcomes those who wish to study at our world-class institutions.

There are two categories under Tier 4.

These are:


  • General student - for students aged 18 years and above.
  • Child student - for children aged 4 to 17 years.


If you wish to study a lower-level course in the UK, or your course lasts six months or less (or eleven months or less, if you are studying English language), you may prefer to use the student visitor route.


overstaying in the UK is a criminal offence. Overstaying can have an adverse impact on any subsequent visa application should you wish to make in the near future.

In summary you must:

  • Have a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your sponsor;
  • Have enough money to study in the UK;
  • Meet the English language requirements;
  • Provide all the relevant supporting documents you are asked for with your application.

Requirements - Tier 4 (Child) In addition to meeting the requirements for a Tier 4 (General) visa (except the English language requirements).

  • you must show that there are suitable arrangements in place for your travel, reception and care in the UK.
  • Children between 4 and 15 years of age may only be educated at independent fee paying schools.

What do you need to apply for a Tier 4 student visa?

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS):

  • This is completed online by your chosen place of study (sponsor) and contains details about you.
  • your course, qualifications and confirmation of your English language skills (if necessary).
  • Your sponsor will give you a unique CAS reference number. You will need your CAS reference number to make your application.


  • You must provide specified evidence (original bank statements) showing us that you have enough money to pay for your course fees for the first year of the course you are applying to study and your living costs for up to 9 months.
  • You can rely on money from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in some circumstances but you will need to show,you have their permission to use this money.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry