UK Student Visa

UK Tier 2 Work Permits


View All Testimonials

UK Tier 2 Work Permits

About visa:

Most skilled workers will require a Tier 2 (General) visa the individual can apply for a Tier 2 Work Permit, the employer must first register as a sponsor for Tier 2 and obtain a Sponsor Licence. Once the employer has registered as a sponsor a certificate of sponsorship can be issued. It is vital that this is done correctly and that suitable evidence is retained by the employer. If this is not done correctly then there can be serious consequences in the future, with the potential for financial penalties and work permits being revoked.


  • You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.
  • You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.
  • You can work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • You'll need to make a new application if you want to do a second job that's not in the same sector as your main job.
  • You'll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.


To apply for a Tier 2 General working visa the applicant needs:

  • An offer of a suitably skilled job from a UK based Company that holds a sponsorship licence.
  • To score sufficient points for their 'attributes' - applicants are awarded points if they are issued a Certificate of Sponsorship from the UK company and if they will receive at least what is considered to be the appropriate salary for the particular job role under the codes of practice.
  • The employer needs to have carried out a Resident Market Labor Test to ensure that a member of the UK resident workforce was not suitable for the job.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry