UK Student Visa

UK Domestic Worker Visa


View All Testimonials

UK Domestic Worker Visa

About visa:

The 'domestic worker in a private household' category allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when they visit the UK for up to 6 months. To come here as a domestic worker, you must be an established member of your employer's staff - you must have worked for your employer for at least a year before you apply for a visa. You must intend to work full-time in the UK as a domestic worker for that employer in a household that your employer will live in.You and your employer must have a written agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of your employment. It must say that that your employer will comply with UK law on the national minimum wage.


  • You can stay in the UK if your employer takes a short trip to another country during the visit
  • travel abroad and return to the UK to complete your stay, though you must prove you still work for your employer, eg a letter from them
  • change employers to another job as a domestic worker in a private household - only if you don't stay longer than the 6 months


You must prove that you:

  • are between 18 and 65 years old
  • have worked for your employer for at least 1 year
  • work in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly
  • plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in.
  • plan to leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner
  • are able to support yourself in the UK without the need for public funds.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry