Australia Student Visa

australia temporary graduate visa (post-study work stream)


View All Testimonials

Australia Temporary Graduate Visa (Post-Study Work Stream)

About visa :

Australia Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows to live and work in Australia temporarily after the overseas students compete their studies in Australia.

Post-Study Work stream is for international students who graduate with an eligible qualification. This stream is only available to students who applied for and were granted their first Student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to 4 years, depending on the qualification.

You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.

You can no longer apply for the Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574). It is closed for new applications on 1 July 2016. From 1 July 2016, if you need to extend your stay in Australia, you must apply for a Student Visa (subclass 500).


The Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574) lets you study a Masters degree by research or a Doctoral degree in Australia.


You might be able to get this visa if you are enrolled as a student in a registered course for the award of:

A master's degree by research.

A doctoral degree.

Post study work stream visa holders can stay in Australia temporarily after they have finished their studies. Dependents are also permitted to stay along with the main applicant.

While in Australia, you may:


You can apply for this visa if you:

are younger than 50 years of age
are in Australia
hold an eligible visa
have at least competent English (IELTS, TOEFL iBT and PTE Academic tests are accepted)
meet the two year Australian study requirement in the last six months
meet health and character requirements
have health insurance in Australia
meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa

Other major requirements are:

You should have applied for, and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011

You must have completed an eligible qualification from an Australian educational institution

You need to meet the two year Australian study requirement in the past six months

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry