Australia Student Visa

Australia Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)


View All Testimonials

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

About visa :

  • Australia Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) is not points based system. ENS scheme allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are overseas nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
  • This visa is for skilled professional from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who live and work in Australia.
  • ENS requires completes assessment of occupation and skills nominated by DIBP.
  • This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A,B or C.

Types of Employer Nomination Scheme:

There are 3 streams of ENS:

The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for: subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who is not subject to a labour agreement and who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.

The Direct Entry stream: The Agreement stream is for subclass 457 visa holders sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.

The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.


ENS allows the main applicant and dependent family members to live in Australia as Permanent Residents(PR). (Name of dependent family members should be in visa applicant)

Australian PR allows to:

  • Reside and work in Australia on a permanent basis
  • Study in any Australian educational institution
  • Entitles you for subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
  • Access to certain social security payments (subjected to waiting periods)
  • The Temporary Residence Transition stream.
  • The Direct Entry stream.
  • The Agreement stream.


Foreign nationals can apply for the ENS if:

  • They have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
  • There age is less than 50 years
  • They meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements

Abroad professionals can lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select if they don't have a nomination from an employer.

Employers and state and territory governments can view the filled details in EOI and decide whether to nominate you for skilled migration.

Australian Government may deny the visa if you owe money to the Australian Government. Arrangements to pay the same can change the decision.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry