Australia Student Visa

Australia Student Dependent Visa


View All Testimonials

Australia Student Dependent Visa

About visa 

As a student who migrates to Australia, you are allowed to bring dependents along. This provision is provided according to the assessment level. The assessment level is determined by the course of study and nationality. This provision of Australia Student Dependent Visa is for the students:

Who are of assessment level 1 or 2

Who are of assessment 3 and 4 and the stay needs to be for more than 12 months

If you are including your dependent family members in your original student visa application, then you must include all members of your family on your original Form 157A, Application for a student visa.


Most student visas allow you to bring your family members to Australia as your dependants if you are

  • Assessment level 1 or 2
  • Assessment level 3 or 4 and your course is longer than 12 months or you have been in Australia for 12 months or more.
  • Your assessment level is determined by your course of study and your nationality.


You have to include the dependents in student visa application or

Apply for student dependent visa after you have started the study course and stayed in Australia.

The Australia Student Dependent Visa Rules states that you have to declare your family members in your student application otherwise they cannot claim for student dependent visa or Australia Student Spouse Dependent Visa

  • Accepted in full-time study
  • Financial requirements
  • Health requirements
  • Health insurance
  • English language skills
  • Academic record and history
  • Character requirements
  • Debts to the Australian Government
  • Students under 18 years of age
  • Australian Values Statement

Family Members Eligibility

  • Financial requirements
  • Health requirements
  • Health insurance
  • Character requirements
  • Australian Values Statement


  • Form 919 Nomination of student dependants.
  • Form 157A Application for a student visa.
  • An original letter from the education provider stating.
  • The course you are studying.
  • The duration of the course and your expected completion date.
  • Evidence that you have enough money to support your dependants in Australia.
  • Evidence of your relationship with your dependants in the form of officially issued birth and marriage certificates.
  • Evidence of school enrolment for your school - aged dependants.
  • Evidence of health insurance for each dependant.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry