Canada Student Visa

Canada Student Dependant Visa


View All Testimonials

Canada Student Dependant Visa

About visa:

Work permits for your spouse or common-law partner are valid for the same period of time as your study permit.

Note: Accompanying spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for an open work permit, which means they do not need a job offer or a labour market opinion from Service Canada.

  • meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada,
  • satisfy an immigration officer they will only stay in Canada temporarily,
  • can prove they have no criminal record, if necessary, and


  • Enter the Canada along with your spouse/child or join him/ her later
  • Student dependent visa doesn't allow the dependents to work in US; neither full time nor part time. For working the dependents needs to obtain a work visa.
  • Dependent can stay in Canada until the principal applicant i.e. Study permit visa holder is in pursing his/her course of study. No extension is required till the duration of course of principal applicant.


Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if:

  1. you are a full-time student at:
    • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or college d'enseignement general et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
    • a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
    • a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
  2. You have a valid study permit.
  3. Proof of support and coverage for medical emergencies.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry