Canada Student Visa

Canada Experience Class


View All Testimonials

Canada Experience Class


About visa:

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category for Canada's foreign workers who wish to become permanent residents.

Temporary foreign workers are ideal candidates for Canadian immigration (permanent residence). Having obtained Canadian work experience, these individuals have already settled into Canadian society and established important networks in their communities and their careers.

Canadian Experience Class applications are processed through the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada. Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence before they may make an application.

Foreigners who have stayed in Canada for a brief period and have good English or French skills, the suitable skilled work experience, and have adapted well to Canadian society can apply and avail Canadian Experience Class (CEC). This will help them contribute and be a part of Canadian economy.

Temporary foreign worker or overseas students with skilled work experience in Canada can take Canadian Permanent Residency under the CEC scheme.


  • Visa applicant receives Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Entry Visa.
  • Stay, work, study or travel in Canada.
  • Eligible for Canadian social security benefits.
  • Family members can accompany you.


  • You should plan to live outside Quebec province
  • You should have minimum 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the 3 years before you file your visa application
  • Your experience should be valid with proper authorization
  • You should apply while still working in Canada or within one year of leaving your job in Canada
  • You have to meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)

Documents Required

  • Valid passport
  • Educational qualification documents
  • Employment related documents
  • Medical certificate
  • Police certificate
  • Documents to prove your language proficiency.

A Popular Option for International Students

For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class may offer the fastest and most simple path to achieving permanent residence.

After completing a program or course of study at a Canadian educational institution, many international graduates are able to remain in the country on post-graduate work permits. If, during this time, a graduate obtains at least one year of work in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class.

Additional Options for Foreign Workers

If you are considering applying under the Canadian Experience Class, you may have other additional for Canadian immigration through the various Provincial Nominee Programs.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry