USA Student Visa

USA L2 Dependent Visa


View All Testimonials

USA L2 Dependent Visa

About Visa:

An L-2 visa is a visa document used to enter the United States by the dependent spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of qualified L-1 visa holders. It is a non-immigrant visa, and is only valid for the duration of the spouse's L1 visa. Dependent family members of L1 visa holders can obtain L2 visa. Immediate family members like spouse and children under 21 years can qualify for this visa.

Employment With L2 Visa:

The holder of an L-2 visa needs to obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to be allowed to work with any employer.[1] According to the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, it is enough if a person possesses a social security card as long as the card does not state any restrictions such as "Not valid for employment", "Valid for work only with INS Authorization" or "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".[2] In these cases, the L-2 visa holder needs proof other than a social security card in order to establish employment authorization. Such proof includes the EAD card. It is recommended to apply for an EAD, even in cases where someone does not explicitly need one, in order to be able to prove to prospective employers that the holder is authorized. The spouse of an L-1 visa holder with an EAD is allowed to work freely; dependent children of an L-1 visa holder are not automatically authorised to work in the USA.

Extending L2 Visa:

L-2 status may be renewed and extended within the United States when the L-1 visa is renewed. Renewal in the United States applies to status only, not the actual visa in the passport. For visa renewal, the applicant must go to a U.S. consulate or embassy outside the United States. An alien cannot leave the United States and then re-enter without a valid L-1 or L-2 visa, and must appear personally before a consular officer for visa issuance. This often leads to difficulties for applicants, because it means leaving their adopted home in the United States for as long as it takes the embassy to issue their new visa. At particularly busy times of year, or at some consulates or embassies, this can take several weeks or more.



USA is known for its enormous career and study opportunities.

  • You are allowed to stay in the U.S. for the entire duration the L-1 visa holder can stay.
  • You are allowed to work in the U.S. with EAD approval from the USCIS.
  • You can take admission for full time study course in any USA university
  • Multiple entry allowed i: e you can travel in and out of the U.S. whenever you want.
  • The applicant can apply for Adjustment of Status.


Major documents required are:

  • Valid passport
  • Proof of relationship with L1 visa holder
  • Copy of IT return document of L1 visa holder
  • Photographs

How to Apply:

The following must be submitted:

  • Completed visa application along with the applicable draft amount
  • Original valid passport
  • Two recent color photographs.
  • Original marriage certificate
  • Copy of the applicant's parent's or spouse's L-1 approval
  • Parent's or spouse's employment verification letter
  • Demand draft for visa application fee
  • Demand draft for visa issuance fee.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry