USA Student Visa

USA Full Time Studies


View All Testimonials

USA Full Time Studies

About visa:

F1 Visa is the US Student Visa for International students wanting to study in the USA. The key to a successful application is genuine intent to study, accurate documentation & forms. According to U.S. visa laws and regulations, most F1 Visa (US Student Visa) applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their study.

Qualifying for a F1 Visa (US Student Visa)

  • The visa interview days are Monday-Friday and the majority of successful applicants normally receive their U.S. visas within two business days
  • Advance travel planning and early visa application are important, since visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past
  • It is very important that your passport is in good condition for a F1 Visa (US Student Visa) to be placed. U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports.
  • Please obtain a new passport prior to your interview if:
  • The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is separated from the pages in your passport
  • The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is separated from the pages in your passport

Who can apply for a F1 Visa (US Student Visa)?

Student applicants who have been accepted and approved for their program by an accredited University or college or institution can apply. When accepted, educational institutions and program sponsors will provide each applicant the necessary approval documentation, to be submitted when applying for a visa.

What types of US Student visas are available?

  • F-1 or US Student Visa: This visa is the most common for those who wish to engage in academic studies in the United States. It is for people who want to study at an accredited U.S. college or university or to study English at a university or intensive English language>
  • M-1, or US Student Visa: This visa is for those who will be engaged in non-academic or vocational study or training at an institution in the U.S.
  • Dependents of F1 Visa (US Student Visa):Spouses and/or unmarried children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the principal visa holder in the United States for the duration of his/her stay require derivative F or M visas. Spouses and/or children who do not intend to reside in the United States with the principal visa holder, but visit for vacations only, may be eligible to apply for visitor (B-2) visas. Spouses and dependents may not work in the United States on a derivative F or M visa. If seeking employment, the appropriate work visa will be required.


  1. F-1 visas are granted to full-time students seeking a degree, diploma or certificate and enrolled at an accredited university, college, high school, elementary school, seminary or language training program. The visa is granted for the duration of your studies and you will need to maintain full-time status.
  2. On-Campus

    Great opportunity for IT, Management & Healthcare professionals to gain multiple skills, to succeed within their respective field

  3. Off-Campus

    During the first year of studies, F-1 students are not allowed to work off-campus. However, you can work on-campus your first year and switch to off-campus employment after one year of studies. After the first year, a student can work off-campus provided the student is in good academic standing (determined by the DSO) and you qualify for a training program discussed below:

    • Optional Practical Training (OPT).
    • Curricular Practical Training (CPT).
    • OPT through STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
  4. *Note: These are some of the options you have to work and study in the USA. Please understand that if you ever fall out of F-1 student status, you will lose your work authorization. We hope this article was helpful and that you can optimize the benefits of your F-1 visa.

Requirements of F1 Visa (US Student Visa):

Documents required are of three types & you will be advised on all details once you have signed up for our Services.

  • Mandatory Documents
  • Additional Supporting Documents required at the time of interview
  • Principal Applicant's Documents
  • To apply for a USA Non Immigrant Visa - Student Category to USA, the following eligibility criteria should be met

  • Applicants must demonstrate that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their stay
  • Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job
  • Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country
  • Original form I-20 or DS-2019 as applicable
  • Form I-901 (Sevis Fee Receipt).

SEVIS Fees for F1 Visa (US Student Visa):

The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) program requires schools and exchange programs to verify the enrolment status of all continuing and new foreign students and exchange visitors. However the visa cannot be issued until your SEVIS fee has been paid.

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) acts as a source of information for government organizations who want to keep a record about foreign students. It is designed to help the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State better monitor school and exchange programs and F, M and J category visitors. SEVP administers the F (academic) and M (vocational) visa categories, while the U.S. Department of State manages the J exchange visitor program.

SEVP uses Web-based technology, the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), to track and monitor schools and programs, students, exchange visitors and their dependents while they are legally enrolled in the U.S. education system.

SEVP collects, maintains and uses the information to ensure that only legitimate foreign students or exchange visitors gain entry to the United States. The result is an easily accessible information system that provides timely information to the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Applicants applying with I-20 forms processed after 1 Sept 2004 are required to provide the SEVIS I-901 fee receipt as proof of payment. The Sevis Fees have to be paid online. Currently the Sevis Fee is charged at USD 200 (Approximately).

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry