USA Student Visa

USA K3 Visa Guidance


View All Testimonials

USA K3 Visa Guidance

About Visa:

The K-3 Visa, sometimes called the Marriage Visa or Spousal Visa, was adopted by the US Congress and went into effect in August 2001. It was designed to sidestep the long delays in USCIS processing for Immediate Relative petitions for bringing a foreign national spouse of US citizen into the US. At the time it was adopted it was taking two years or more to process an I-130 petition for the spouse of US citizen. The new K3 visa regulations were designed with a view to shorten the processing time for bringing a K3 spouse to the US from years to months, a goal that for the most part has been achieved.

USA K3 Visa is for spouse of a U.S. citizen and his or her minor children to be admitted to the United States as nonimmigrant. The K3 Visa allows them to enter the USA when they waiting for the judgment on their actual dependent visa.

Features of K3:

  • The K3 visas generally have shorter waiting periods compared to marriage-based immigration visa petitions
  • You can apply for a work permit by filing Form I-765 and engage in employment when the EAD has been issued.
  • Your children under 21 years old can accompany you to the U.S. on the K-4dependent visa as long as they are named in the visa petition.


Documents Required:

  • Valid Passport
  • Application form submitted for actual dependent visa
  • Documents to prove the relationship with the USA Citizen
  • Documents to prove the relationship with the USA Citizen
  • Citizenship Proof of the sponsor
  • If Spouse - Marriage Certificate
  • Birth certificates of children

Eligible Dependents:

  • Spouse of a US Citizen
  • Unmarried children below 21 years of age.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry