Sweden Student Visa

EU Blue Card - Sweden


View All Testimonials

EU Blue Card - Sweden

About visa :

Sweden is among the world's richest and most technologically advanced nations. As from 1 August 2013 Sweden is able to offer the EU Blue card. This is an excellent opportunity for nonEU nationals to tap into its main industrial sectors of forestry, telecoms, and the automotive and pharmaceutical industries.

As of the 1 August 2013, Sweden is offering an EU Blue Card to applicants who meet the requisite criteria (see below). Having failed to comply with the initial deadline date for implementation which was 19 June 2011, the European Commission sent a letter of formal notice (the first step of the infringement procedure) to Sweden (as well as 5 other EU Member States) on 18 July 2011.

It has therefore taken some time for Sweden to comply with the directive. An EU Blue Card issued in Sweden entitles you to live and work in Sweden. When you have had an EU Blue Card in Sweden or other countries within the EU for five years, you can apply for permanent resident status in the country where you are living, provided that you have lived in that country for the last two years.

Permanent resident status means that you have certain rights that an EU citizen has and that you are better placed to work, study or start your own company in another EU country.


  • Must not be a EU or EEA citizen, including Switzerland with a valid passport.
  • Must be a highly - qualified employee i.e. must have a bachelor's / master's degree or five years professional experience.
  • Must have a valid employment contract in Sweden, or a binding job offer, for at least one year.
  • Must be offered a salary of at least 1.5 times the average gross annual salary in Sweden. For 2013 the salary threshold is SEK 44,700 per month (circa USD 6,800) must have taken out or applied for comprehensive health insurance.
  • Short - term resident or work permit for a period of two years or till the job offer is intact.
  • After five years of stay on Sweden EU Blue Card, individuals can apply for permanent residency.
  • Family members can join immediately.
  • Migration to Sweden on EU Blue Card is a great opportunity, don't tarry, seize the opportunity and enhance your career prospects.


  • In order to obtain an EU Blue Card, you must have:
  • A valid passport.
  • A university education equivalent to 180 university credits, or five year relevant professional experience.
  • Qualified employment lasting at least one year taken out or applied for a comprehensive health insurance.
  • An employment contract or offer of highly.
  • No less than one and a half times the average gross salary in Sweden, before taxes.
  • Your employer must.
  • Advertise the position in Sweden and within EU/EES and Switzerland for at least ten days.
  • Complete an offer of employment and give the trade union concerned the opportunity to state its opinion about the terms of employment.
  • Offer terms of employment that are at least on the same level as Swedish collective agreements or that which is customary in your occupation or industry.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry