New Zealand Student Visa

Visitor Visa


View All Testimonials

New Zealand Visitor Visa

You can come to New Zealand as a visitor. While you're here, you can enjoy New Zealand's scenery, adventure, culture, and friendly people. You want to come to New Zealand as a tourist, visit family and friends, or study a short course. You'll need enough money to support yourself and everyone included in your application during your stay.


You can visit New Zealand as a genuine tourist for up to 9 months in an 18-month period.

  • The 18-month period is calculated backwards from the last day you intend to be in New Zealand.
  • If the last day you'll be here is 1 December, then your 18-month period will begin on 1 June of the year before.

Visa Extending:

You can apply for another 3 months' stay and extend your stay to 12 months in a 24-month period, if:

  • you need more time to complete your tourist itinerary
  • you can't leave New Zealand for reasons beyond your control
  • You've applied for residence for the first time.

To apply for another 3 months' stay, you must have financially supported yourself and not worked, studied or been sponsored during your stay.

Note: If you've recently visited New Zealand for a total of 12 months, you have to remain outside New Zealand for 12 months before you can apply for another Visitor Visa.

Upon ending the visa validity ... you can apply for another Visitor Visa, or one of our student or work visas.

Visa Condition:

Entry permission: You must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand. You can do this by completing an arrival card, which you'll be given on the way to New Zealand.

You can be refused entry permission if:

you don't meet our character requirements
your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa
you refuse to let us take your photo or to provide us with your fingerprints or an iris scan, if asked for them
You're unable to provide evidence of any onward travel or funds required by the conditions of your visa.


  • Visit friends and family, explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
  • Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
  • You may study for up to 3 months in any 12 month period.


  • You must show that you're a genuine tourist or visitor and intend to leave New Zealand at the end of your stay.
  • You must have enough money to live on while you're in New Zealand or have an acceptable sponsor.
  • You must have a ticket to leave New Zealand or be sponsored for the cost of your onward travel.
  • Along with mandatory required documents.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry