New Zealand Student Visa

Student Work Visa


View All Testimonials

New Zealand Student Work visa

About visa :

If you're from overseas, you can apply for a visa to study full-time& work part-time in New Zealand. You'll need to pay the full cost of your courses and enrol with an approved education provider. While you're here, you can enjoy New Zealand's high-quality teaching standards and gain internationally recognised qualifications.

  • You can apply for this visa if you're a distance learning or correspondence student and you need to visit your New Zealand education provider for any reason to do with your education,
    E.g. to do practical study or sit exams.
  • If you want to bring your partner or children with you, they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
  • Your Student Visa is normally for the same length of time as the study you've paid for.


Up to 4 years depending on the length of your course.


You can apply for another change of status.

Visa Condition:

Entry permission: You must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand. You can do this by completing an arrival card, which you'll be given on the way to New Zealand.

You can be refused entry permission if:

  • you don't meet our character requirements
  • your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa
  • you refuse to let us take your photo or to provide us with your fingerprints or an iris scan, if asked for them
  • You're unable to provide evidence of any onward travel or funds required by the conditions of your visa.


  • Study full-time at the course stated on your visa - this includes schools, tertiary (study after secondary school) and English language study.
  • Work part-time up to 20 hours a week while studying and full-time in the holidays, depending on your visa conditions. For more information on Working on student visa use
  • Live by yourself above a certain age, otherwise you'll need to come with your parent or legal guardian.


  • You must have an offer of place, or confirmation of enrolment from an approved education provider.
  • You must have enough money held in New Zealand to support yourself for the length of your visa.
  • If you're sponsored, your sponsor must ensure your needs for maintenance are met while you're in New Zealand.
  • If you have a guarantor, your guarantor must ensure your need for maintenance is met while you're in New Zealand.
  • Along with some mandatory required documents.

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry