Germany Student Visa

EU Blue Card - Germany


View All Testimonials


About visa :

Similar to the Green Card in the USA, the EU blue card offers highly educated skilled workers of non- EU- States the opportunity and the right to work and stay in the European Union.

Applicants interested in obtaining the EU Blue Card in Germany, should initially look for a suitable job corresponding to their professional qualifications or earlier work experience through internet research on pages which upload various vacancies.

The EU blue card for Germany is a residence title for specific purposes. it provides an evidence for the legal stay of a citizen from a non-EU-country in an EU- member state for the purpose of working. So the blue card is a card for citizens from non-EU-states. For members of EU- states generosity is valid concerning their stay. The EU - regulations concerning the blue card will be valid in Germany as a part of the German law from the 1st August 2012, through the law for reaction of the high - qualification - outline of the European Union. In particular, the stay law was modified. The core regulation of the stay law is addressed by the EU blue card. The most important paragraph is section 19a of the German Residence Act - EU Blue Card.


The EU blue card is at first valid for 4 years. If the working contract covers a period of less than 4 years, meaning it is limited, the EU blue card will be valid for the time of the working contract plus 3 months.

It can be extended or establishment permission can be given.


The social security in Germany protects against the risks of illness, unemployment, occupational disability and nursing needs. Foreign workers from any EU state or non-EU-state are insured by their employers in each sector of the legal social security. Concerning the health insurance, the employers need to choose one and give their employees the details. The social security consists of five points:

  • health insurance
  • nursing insurance
  • pension scheme
  • unemployment insurance
  • accident insurance
  • Health insurance
  • The central point of the social security insurance is the legal health insurance around 90% of the population is insured in this way.
  • If the employer is insured by one of the legal health insurances, then his family members - wife, children - are automatically and insured as well without further costs, but only if they do not have their own salary, or have a very low one.
  • They enjoy the same rights as the members (employees). Children up to their finished 18th year of age, or the end of their 25th year if they continue their education at a school or university, are insured by their family. If a Voluntary Service was completed, the time of the family plan policy is extended by this time.
  • The health insurance with most members and which operates throughout the whole of Germany is the BARMER GEK. This insurance is open to trainees and students, as well as employees.
  • There is a central information point for foreign workers who have the EU blue card and where all questions concerning the health insurance can be asked.
  • For more information Click the link here
  • Owners of the EU blue card can stay out of the EU for to 12 months without losing the right of staying in Germany or the EU.
  • Owners of the EU blue card have the right, after having stayed in Germany for 18 months, to move to another country of the EU.
  • If the foreigner has already stayed in another EU-member state with the EU blue card, this will be considered concerning the permanent right of residence in Germany.
  • If the foreigner wants to move on in the EU, he / she can be sure that in almost all EU member states a visa is not necessary. The application can be made at home. In Germany the application must be made within one month after entering Germany.
  • Relatives of the owners of the EU blue card can work without delay and without limits in Germany.
  • The spouse is not required to have proof of German language knowledge. Even simple knowledge of the German language is not necessary for marriage partners.


  • He or she has a German or an accredited foreign or a university degree that is comparable to a German one.
  • He or she has a working contract with a gross annual compensation of at least €49.600 (4.134 Euros per month), a contract in the so-called shortage occupation (scientists, mathematics, engineers, doctors and IT- skilled workers) with the amount of €38.688 (3.224 Euros per month).
  • A valid travel document,
  • Proof of no threat to the public policy, security or health of the hosting state,
  • An application form, filled either by you or your German employer,
  • Two passport-size personal photos, not older than 6 months,
  • Proof of application fee payment,
  • Health insurance proof.
  • Tabular overview of training and previous work (in German language)
  • Proof of identity (identity card or passport).
  • Proof of qualification obtained abroad.
  • Proof of relevant work experience and advanced training.
  • Declaration that no previous application for equivalence evaluation has been made.
  • Proof that you intend to work in Germany (not applicable to citizens of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland as well as residents of these countries).

Quick Enquiry

Quick Enquiry